Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Blog 1

When I was younger about 12 years old me and my friends used to compete about who has the most sneakers and who’s sneakers are cooler because at the time everyone was obsessing over sneakers. I always told my mother that I wanted the most expensive sneakers especially Jordan’s because I thought that if I owned a pair of cool sneakers everyone else would think I was cool. Most of my friends bought these cool sneakers that I couldn’t afford because I didn’t have a job  and my mom refused to buy me sneakers that cost over $100.00’s and I would get so upset with her. I thought that I was extremely uncool because I wasn’t wearing the sneakers that everyone else had.
 Now that I’m older I see that material doesn’t and won’t ever make a person happy because a pair of shoes or a cloth line is not really all that important now. I thank my mother that she never bought me those sneakers because I learned that people should like me for who I am not for what I’m wearing or how much money I waist on material because that doesn’t make me happy. In the article they speak about how a BMW might seem like it would make life perfect, but then he goes on to say that it will almost certainly be less exciting than we anticipated. Sometimes people forget that there are many unfortunate people who wish they had any pare of shoe on their feet because they can’t afford to buy a single pair of shoes because they don’t have money or a job and we sometimes get mad because we don’t wear fancy shoes that everyone else has. It is unfortunate that some people act like having a lot of materials and fancy things will make you happy when it reality it wont.

6 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are getting a great outlook on life. Stay strong and keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog, i see you used to like sneakers just like me..-__- is real funny cuz i used to be just like that.

    keep it up'

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like what you wrote about sneakers a lot of teens can relate to this. your right about "people should like me for who i am and not for what I'm wearing." Most people still judge others on what they wear and how much they spend, They would get the impression that they are not good enough. If they read your blog I'm pretty sure you would change their out look on people. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys im glad you enjoyed my blog, im looking foward to reading yours and i will definately comment on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totaly agree with your statement about people thinking that material possesions would make them happy. This also relates to impact bias: some people don't know how they will react in certain situations, having money is a perfect example.
    This passage went straight to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This example really does illustrate the point! I'd love a clearer intro and conclusion. Also, a strong definition of the "impact bias" would be useful. Try to refer to the actual scientists and the actual article rather than just writing "in the article" - someone not in our class wouldn't know what article you mean :)Good start. I love that you "talked back" to commentators to thank them. Very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete